Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The Quest!


We found a great surprise waiting for us when we got up this morning! Nitrocat had costumes all laid out and a wonderful adventure planned for us. I got to be a Knight in Shining Armour! I was Sir Frankalot and I had to rescue Princess Pinky from the Sorcerer, Tweeter the Magnificent. We had lots of fun acting out the story in our costumes.
Since we aren't going to the Faire, Nitrocat decided to take us on a "more local Quest". We had already gone and gotten "The Quest Begins", the first box in the King's Ransom series here in Kendall county. Now we also got to get the images from the other boxes. The whole series has the adventurers defeating a dragon, rescuing a princess and receiving a reward. You have to answer a lot of questions about jewels, royalty, and dragons to find the letterboxes. Nitrocat made us promise that we wouldn't tell the secrets about the series though. She said they are Mystery boxes and they are her "planter's choice" or favorite boxes of all.
What a great ending to a fun stay here in Newark! I'm off to Pancake Aficionado's tomorrow!
I'll write when I arrive.
FtM