Saturday, July 7, 2007

Mather Woods

Hi, Mom!
I went letterboxing with Nitrocat this morning! We left about 5:20am to beat the heat and found four out of five letterboxes. My favorite was at Mather Woods in Plainfield. There was so much wildlife, I almost forgot that we were there to box! We saw two kinds of Herons, a blue jay, an indigo bunting, chipmunks, rabbits everywhere, and a deer! We also saw lots of really cool plants, butterflies and dragonflies.
We are watching for the mailman today, because they are expecting two more buddies. Then Nitrocat says we will have a big Exchange party with the other buddies and her two letterboxing nephews who live next door. The first thing I am going to do it cootie one of them with the pawprint cootie that one of the kittens stuck on me while I was napping yesterday! I should have known I was in trouble when I saw the Cootie Crew t-shirts in the laundry.
Nitrocat also wants to know if it is okay if she helps me carve a mini sig stamp? She says that there are lots of micro boxes in this area and the logbooks are really small. If I had a mini sig, then the whole image would fit instead of just my nostrils.
We are going to try to go again on Monday morning.
Love,
FtM

1 comment:

midlandtrailblazer said...

wish i'd known about the cootie crew before i sent tweeter there! he got got shortly after arriving too!